Currently we have Tactics and Assault Specialist as the DPS trees for Vanguard. I have NOT extensively parsed both because I am playing around with the Vanguard Hybrid DPS build.
Click here for the Powertech build.
Why run a Hybrid build? Well mainly because of parses from this guy.
- 3300 DPS
- 3000 DPS
- 3700 DPS in a 16-man Hard Mode raid
Now we don’t know a lot about his specific playstyle. Could the parses have been doctored to produce these results? I don’t think so. He comes from a reputable 16-man guild in POT5, Severity Gaming . This sparked my curiosity and that is why I am planning on playing my Vanguard DPS next.
Thank goodness for torparse because we can see exactly what he does as far as rotation goes. Granted I have not looked at it THAAAT much but at a glance we can see he does the following things
- Ion Pulse and Stockstrike to reset High Impact Bolt / Flame Burst and Rocket Punch to reset Rail Shot
- High Impact Bolt every ~6 seconds / Rail Shot every ~6 seconds
- Ion Pulse to get 3 stacks of Pulse Generator / Flame Burst to get 3 stacks of Flamethrower
- Pulse Generator every 15 seconds / Flamethrower every 15 seconds
- Keep Gut up for the damage increase (talent) / Retractable Blade
- among other things like cooldown use (Incendiary Round with that ability that reduces its cost to 0…), Shoulder Cannon use, etc etc.
If you want to take a look at it yourself then check out these raid parses made on October 22, 2013
His gear is as good as it gets. His Pulse Cannon crits for around 5000 whereas mine at the moment crits for around 3000. Also it seems like he is using 2 Serendipitous Assault relics and this can be verified by checking his Log and searching for (CTRL+F) “gains Power Surge.” You see 2 of them pop up at regular ~20ish second intervals. BiS for SA relics at the moment seem to be 1 Obroan Serendipitous Assault (PVP) which can be farmed for around 600 Warzone comms and ~1500 Ranked Warzone comms and its PVE (Dread Forged) version.
I’m excited to play my Vanguard DPS and see how this class fares in 16-man Hard Mode content!