TAKE YOUR ARSENAL TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
by Odawgg a.k.a Pizza’dah’hutt updated for 2.0 Rise of the Hutt Cartel.
In addition to showing you some of the changes 2.0 has brought to the Merc Arsenal spec, the intention of this guide is to help Arsenal Mercs take their PVE game to another level. It’s easy to bash 4-5 buttons without putting much thought into it and be an alright Merc. Don’t settle for being good, be great!
Table of Contents:
Aim = Accuracy (99.95/109.95%) > Crit (240 rating) > Power > Surge (72.01%) > Alacrity
- Use Advanced Reflex augments
- Use Serendipitous Assault & Boundless Ages relics
- Get 99.95% Ranged Accuracy or 109.95% Tech Accuracy
- Get up to 72.01% Surge
- Power / Crit – the sweet spot for crit seems to be right around 240
Our heat dissipation is greatest (5 heat/s) when we stay between 0-40 heat.
- Do your best to always stay below 40 heat unless the situation allows you to burn. This could be the end of a fight, or a time within the fight where you know a short break of dps is coming up.
- Always burn the target (ignore rapid shots) when your Vent Heat ability cd<~10s; this includes your opening sequence. The only exceptions are situational, usually the end of a boss fight when you’ll need to be going all out. In these cases, wait on using vent heat if you’ll need it before the two minute cd is over.
- Staying between 0-40 heat at all times, amongst other things, maximizes your dps. Consider your overall heat pool in a 1 minute span when you’re staying within this range. You’re venting 5 heat/s, your HVGC vents 8 heat every 6s (from talent), and you have a 40 heat window on top of that:
40 + 5 * 60 + 8 * 10 = 420 heat pool
- Every second you spend above 40 heat, assuming you’re below 80, you’re losing 2 heat (you vent 3 heat/s between 41-80 heat) from that pool. Although you can afford to go above this limit here and there, I wouldn’t make a habit of it and if you do go over, try to limit it to 1-2s tops. Otherwise your sustained DPS will suffer.
Electro Net - Instant – 1m 30s cd - Fires an electro net that ensnares the target, reducing its movement speed by 50% and dealing energy damage over 9 seconds. The damage dealt by the electro net increases by 20% for every second that the remains moving. This effect stacks up to 10 times on enemy players or up to 5 times on any other target. Additionally, the electro net hinders the target, preventing the use of high mobility actions and escapes such as charges, vanishes and speed boosts. Lasts 9 seconds.
This ability doesn’t act the same on NPCs as it does actual players in PVP. It doesn’t matter if an NPC is moving or not, it will place a 10 tick DoT on the target, ticking once per second. The 2nd-6th ticks will increase in damage from the previous tick by 20%. The 7th-10th ticks will be identical to the 6th tick.
I am combining priority system for both 4pc set bonus options. The only real difference is that with the new 4pc, you’ll want to make sure you get a minimum of 4 tracer locks before using Rail Shot. With new 4pc you should also be weary of Rail Shot when over 24 heat since technically you won’t want to use it over 30 heat, but just be aware of your heat when it’s coming off cd so you can fire it at will along with HSM. With the old 4pc, just use Rail Shot on cd when your heat is greater than 17, you can build up tracer locks if you like, it won’t make a great deal of difference either way, I take it situationally if I think I can squeeze in another Tracer Missile without messing up my flow I will do so.
- Power Surge + Tracer Missile
- Rail Shot
- Heatseeker Missile
- Electro Net
- Unload (if barrage proc’d)
- Tracer Missile
- Proceed with Priority System using DFA & TSO + FM situationally
With no more need for multiple Tracer Missiles to get the armor debuff and damage gain to HSM, there’s no need to open with multiple Tracer Missiles. Rail Shot is now the only ability that relies on multiple Tracer Missiles and should be used after getting 4 tracer locks (2 tracer missiles will do the trick)
2.0 Priority System
- Heat > 24: Rail Shot > TSO + FM > Rapid Shots
- 24 > Heat > 17: Rail Shot > HSM > EN > TSO + FM > UL > TM
- Heat < 17: HSM > EN > UL > PS + TM
Should also be used when HSM/UL cd=<1.5s and heat is at or above 20 (as well as Rail Shot – 4 tracer locks minimum if using new 4pc).
You can use DFA in single target situations when AoE is not needed for at least the next 60s. For maximum dps it should be used right after a barrage proc’d UL when all other abilities are on cd. You can fire off rapid shots beforehand if your heat is above 20.
Note: We aren’t the most mobile class, we put out much more damage when we can turret down our target. But if HSM and Rail Shot are on cd when you need to move and your heat is sitting fine so you don’t want to spam rapid shots. Consider using Explosive Dart>Missile Blast while on the move and your heat is low. I like to rotate between those and rapid shots in these situations. Also, you could throw in a PS+TM or PS+TSO+FM so they can be used on the run.
- Death from Above
- Flame Thrower
- Sweeping Blasters
You don’t necessarily have to use FM with TSO. It does produce higher DPS, but isn’t as heat efficient, so if you’re not worried about heat, use it without TSO if you like. But unless you’re going to get some downtime after your burn, I would wait for TSO.
Rule of Three
The 3rd GCD after you’ve unleashed your proc’d unload, you have a chance to proc another barrage. That means during the first 2 GCDs, your goal is to keep your heat as low as possible, TM spam is not necessary. You can use any of the following combos:
As long as your heat doesn’t reach zero, any of these combos are perfectly fine, your goal here should be to flirt with zero heat without hitting zero (more than an instant).
Neat trick you can utilize when fishing for a barage proc while spamming Tracer Missile. It only pertains to the situation when all high priority abilities’ cd>1.5s, your next TM would result in heat<24 (or vent heat cd<~10s), and you’re fishing for an barage proc:
- Press hotkey for TM
- Press hotkey for UL during cast of TM
- Immediately after TM cast is finished, tap hotkey for TM
When step 3 is timed properly, it allows for UL to cast immediately if Barage procs or TM to cast again with minimal delay if Barrage doesn’t proc.
Hydraulic Overrides - Instant - Cooldown: 30s. Grants 8 seconds of immunity from movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%.
Kolto Overload - Instant - Cooldown: 3m (once triggered). Activating this ability applies a Health Monitor that lasts up to 60 seconds, which triggers a Kolto Overload when your health is reduced to 35% or less. If your health is already 30% or less, Kolto Overload triggers immediately. Once triggered, Kolto Overload goes on cooldown for 3 minutes and rapidly heals you up to 30% of your max health for 8 seconds but will not exceed 30% of your max health